You need -
paneer, 1/4 cup, finely diced
green whole moong sprouts, 1/4 cup
basmati rice, 1 cup
2 cups water
2 fresh red/green chillies, slit
a few corns of pepper and 1/4 tspn fennel/saunf
1 tbspn oil
salt to taste
- Wash the rice and keep aside.
- Lightly crush the pepper and fennel to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil and add chillies and the pepper-fennel powder.
- Tip in the paneer and saute lightly.
- Now add the sprouts and saute for a couple of more minutes. I microwaved the sprouts for a couple of minutes, this helped.
- Add rice and fry on low heat until the rice turns an opaque white. Do be gentle, you don't want to crumble the paneer too much.
- Add water and salt to taste. Bring to the boil and then cover and let simmer until the rice is cooked.
- Serve with raita (spiced yogurt) and Indian pickle.