2 cups cooked rice - straight out of the fridge (left over rice works best)
3 tbspns sesame oil
1/2 onion, finely sliced
1/2 tspn ginger paste
1/2 tspn garlic paste
1 green chilli, finely sliced
2 tbspns finely shredded cabbage
2 tbspns finely chopped carrot
2 msuhrooms, diced
2 tbspns finely diced capsicum/bell pepper
1 tbspn peas
2 tbspns finely chopped spring onion
soy sauce - to taste
vinegar - to taste
chilli sauce - to taste
a dash of tomato sauce/ketchup
salt & pepper - to taste
a pinch of sugar
- Heat oil in a large wok and add all the ingredients in group one and toss for a couple of minutes.
- Next, in go all the veggies (except spring onion). Saute for a couple of minutes until slightly cooked but still a little crunchy.
- Now add all the taste makers in group three and mix.
- Throw in the rice and toss around until well amalgamated.
- Garnish with spring onion.