Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Monkey See Monkey Do :)

I've been quite busy these past couple of weeks, although I don't really know what I accomplished! But with Deepavali coming soon, I'm kind of excited and busy making some fun stuff to give as gifts. I'm planning to make the sweets/mithai tomorrow and I'll post the recipes if they turn out well :) But for now, it's just a quick post of these recipes I picked from the internet and tried out.

Kothu Parota from showmethecurry.com - this turned out quite well. I did not have the authentic Malay or Kerala Parotas, so I used store-bought chapathis.

The other recipe is for Nan Khatais from Manjula's Kitchen. I tried this with a friend and though we started with a flourish and had a lot of fun it did not end very well. Our baking skills were not at their best and let's just say the nan khatais looked pretty before they went into the oven. But the recipe sounds and looks good and Manjula aunty has loads of great recipes on her website.
So, that's it from me for now. Happy Deepavali everyone!

3 comments:

Limningedge said...

Ah! We have been in Singapore for Deepavali ... the food, the lights ... quite spectacular!

Divya Rao said...

Yes, it's beautiful! I miss home during the festive season :(

my kitchen said...

Beautiful one.Happy Diwali

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin