We start by having a wholesome veggies soup. Very easy 'n' quick.
- 1 large bowl of mixed veggies - I used carrots, broccoli, peas, sweet corn and mushrooms. Dice the veggies to bite sized chunks. You could chop them up smaller if you wish. M likes the mushrooms chunky, so I don't chop them finely.
- 3 cups water
- 1 tspn cornflour
- salt 'n' pepper
- vinegar and soy sauce for flavour
- Bring water to a rapid boil in a saucepan.
- Add the veggies and boil further till they're cooked.
- In a small bowl, make a runny mixture of cornflour and water and add this to the boiling broth.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- You could use soy sauce and vinegar for added flavour.
- Serve with toasted garlic bread.
Great on a winter night!