I thought of this to pack lunch for work. Lately M & I have been on a staple diet of hot chips and 'whatever on the menu' at work. Continuing our attempt to eat healthy, I made this for lunch tomorrow.
- 2 cups green whole moong sprouts. Soak the moong for a couple of days making sure to change the water twice a day, otherwise you'll end up with a smell that makes the whole thing the least bit appetising!
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4-5 pods of garlic crushed
- 2 tbspns olive oil
- for flavour - salt, pepper, sugar, chat masala powder, amchur (dry mango) powder and tomato ketchup - all about a tspn each.
- Rye bread or wholemeal bread to accompany.
- Start by pressure cooking the sprouts, don't overcook them, they'll turn into an unsightly mushy clump. Alternatively, you could microwave them till half cooked.
- Heat olive oil in a wok and add crushed garlic.
- Saute for a while and add the sliced onion. Saute for a while till done.
- Add tomato ketchup and all the powders mentioned above and give it a good mix.
- Toss in the cooked moong sprouts and mix.
- Serve with toasted bread.
It has an interesting flavour, it's tangy and different. Good for those days when you want a twist in your lunch box :-)