I'm starting my blog post with a basic 'n' easy recipe - Curd Rice.
Different names, same thing - 'mosaranna', 'thair saadam' or 'yoghurt rice'.
Best eaten with spicy pickle and chips, this is an all time favourite comfort food. It also soothes a bad tummy and calms down an overloaded stomach!
- cooked rice 1 cup (will serve 2)
- yoghurt or buttermilk 2 cups
- oil 1 teaspoon
- for seasoning and flavour - mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafotieda or hing, curry leaves, dry red chillies, fresh coriander or cilantro and salt.
- In a large bowl, pour the yoghurt or buttermilk. Add salt and mix.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan or wok.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter. Then add all other ingredients and saute for a few seconds.
- Pour this seasoning into the yoghurt or buttermilk.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander or cilantro.
M & I love this on a hot, summer afternoon! You could also add some grapes, raisins, cashews or pomegranate. But we keep it simple, cool & refreshing.